Thursday, April 07, 2005

Hoops Recruiting

Coach Hewitt sat down with top prospect Wayne Ellington yesterday:

Georgia Tech head coach and former Villanova assistant Paul Hewitt reserved the 8 a.m. slot yesterday with Ellington, a 6-foot-4, 190-pound shooting guard and The Inquirer's Southeastern Pennsylvania player of the year.


When reached by phone yesterday afternoon, Ellington was still at school, next in line to talk with Villanova head coach Jay Wright, who was with Henderson at the time.


"It's all pretty exciting," said Ellington. "[The contacts] will give me a good idea of where I want to go. And after my in-school meetings, I'll line up my official visits."


Ellington has narrowed his choices to North Carolina, Villanova, Connecticut, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest, with North Carolina State and Arizona as outside shots.