Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Travis Bell Edges Closer to Mark

Nice story on this kid WHO IS STILL A WALK-ON!!! Although we all know that will change soon.

I love this comment from J.Dixon and it is great the confidence he has built from his team and coach:

"Sometimes on third down, I peek over at him and he kind of smiles," fullback Jimmy Dixon said. "I think he likes the pressure. He likes going out there."

And the Yellow Jackets have confidence when he does go out there. Bell, still a walk-on, is expected to be put on scholarship this spring.

"To come from where he was to where he is says volumes about the job he has done. When he goes out there, I don't worry about the kick," Tech head coach Chan Gailey said.

"If we have to go kick one with the game on the line, I don't care if he is a freshman, I would trust him to go out there and make it."