Thursday, November 25, 2004

The Famous Hat

Remember the episode last year when Buzz stole Wake Forest hoops player Eric Williams' mom's hat during a game. Well, here are her comments on the episode:

The hat is well known around the ACC, even becoming a target of Deacons rivals. In an episode caught by television cameras last season, Georgia Tech's yellow-jacket mascot swiped the hat off Williams' head in a game in Atlanta, then ran off and tossed the hat into Tech's student section.

Williams chased down the mascot, wrapped it in a headlock, then retrieved the hat from a sheepish-looking Georgia Tech student.

"Ask the bumble bee how important it is to me," says Williams. "I told him if I don't get my hat back I'll snap his neck.

"So I took off running, I didn't know I could run that fast. I'd been working out in the gym. See, he didn't know that. He didn't know I got 30 rebounds in one game."