Tuesday, November 30, 2004

More Stories of Courage from GT/UGAg Game

Wow, if David Greene's thumb wasn't the most couragous story since Chris Duhon's rib, now comes word of DeMario Minter's sprained left ankle while covering Calvin Johnson. Can you see the tear welling in my eye?

TOUGH DAY: Everyone knows Georgia cornerback DeMario Minter was flagged for three pass interference calls against Georgia Tech’s Calvin Johnson on Saturday. Not everyone knows Minter played with a sprained left ankle.

“It’s still nagging, but I fought through it,” he said. “The weather didn’t make it any better, but I had to do it for the seniors.”’

All of the calls against Minter, including two in the end zone on one drive, were booed by the Georgia fans, but a Bulldog coach said only one of them was even questionable. Minter wasn’t so sure.

“I think it was just my day,” he said. “I think the officials were out to get me today.”