Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Welcome Back !!!

To Jon Barry and Kenny Anderson.

Anderson left for the NBA after that season, and Barry followed one year later. Now, after both signing free agent contracts, they’re together again in Atlanta.

“I’m excited to be home,” said Barry. “And I get my backcourt mate back from 13 years ago!”

“I’m just excited to be back in Atlanta playing,” said Anderson. “This will be a great challenge for me, but I am looking forward to that challenge. I have a lot of basketball left in me.”

Both have maintained their Atlanta connections through the years, and look forward to coming back. Anderson works out each summer at Georgia Tech, and Barry has owned a home in the area since he played with the Hawks in 1996-97.

“Atlanta's my home away from home and I am excited about it,” said Anderson, who played in the 1994 NBA All-Star game while with the Nets. “I think the fans will embrace my return to the local basketball scene. I got a lot of love from them during my two years at Georgia Tech, and I expect them to do the same as I become a member of the Hawks.”