Monday, June 21, 2004

Where are they now - Bryce Molder

More on Molder, who played well again this past weekend. He ended up finishing tied for 5th. Leaderboard here. Also note that Troy Matteson finished tied for 11th. Nice showing.

"More than anything, I'm just playing with some confidence. I go out there and expect good things to happen,'' said Molder, who birdied his final two holes. "When I make a couple of birdies I try to make a couple more and when I make a bad swing I just assume it's a fluke and go on.''

Molder, a four-time All-American at Georgia Tech, began the year with no status on the Nationwide Tour, but he has finished tied for ninth and sixth the past two weeks and he can ensure a playing card for the rest of the year with a victory.

Molder entered the week 43rd on the Nationwide Tour money list with $44,030 in just five events.
Here is another strory mentioning Molder.
Bryce Molder is the most intriguing of the four players tied for second place at 10-under. He has spent this season trying to earn a regular spot on the tour, qualifying for tournaments on a weekly basis. He has caught fire with top-10 finishes the past two weeks.