Thursday, June 24, 2004

GT Football signee had $1.3 million in 'ship offers

David Brown has football 'ship offers from LSU, UGAg, Clemson, Stanford, Auburn, South Carolina and others. When you tally them up, he over $1.3 million in offers - wow. And of course he chose Georgia Tech.

From this article, this talented defensive end has his head screwed on straight.

Brown finally settled on Georgia Tech, where he could pursue an engineering degree.

"I'm doing some intern work at Triana Industries and learning what some engineers do for a living," Brown said. "Of course, if there's a chance for me to play in the NFL after my years at Georgia Tech, I'll certainly do that. My decision on what school to attend came down to visiting with other Tech recruits, knowing Tech is part of the expanding ACC, nice facilities on campus and my apartment style dorm I'll be living in."