Monday, December 20, 2004

Bowl Media Coverage Accelerates

As the bowl game inches closer, the media coverage has picked up this morning:


O'LEARY PUT IN NO-WIN SITUATION
Evidently O'Leary has been invited to the Champs Sports Bowl by both teams and has ties with both. Here's what he said about who he will root for:

"I probably won't go," George said the other day. "I really don't want to be conspicuous during the game. But if I do go, I'd obviously have to cheer for ... geez, who would I cheer for? Both schools have invited me. I have friends on both sides. But the truth is, as many people who want to see me don't want to see me. If you know what I mean."



BILBO AT PEACE WITH BEING A JACKET


BOWL IS LIKE A BREEZE FOR SCOTT
Nice article on Kenny Scott. Scott is right about this:

"You mess up one time and everyone's going to see it," Scott said. "You mess up on the D-line, coaches might know it and you might know it, but most people won't see it. You mess up at cornerback it's a big thing.



TECH'S HOUSTON TO RETURN PUNTS
After losing his job earlier in the year, he will be back again returning punts in the bowl game.


JACKETS JOHNSON HAS BIG IMPACT
This kid really is something special. We'll look back in amazement at the time he was in ATL.


MORE ON CALVIN JOHNSON
From the Orlando Sentinel on impact freshman.


TED ROOF HIRES NEW O-COORDINATOR
Former Jacket assistant Bill O'Brian looks like he will be the next Duke offensive coordinator. The two coached together as assistants under George O'Leary with the Jackets.


ORANGE BEGIN BOWL PREPARATION