Thursday, December 09, 2004

It's Official.....Again.....Hewitt to stay at GT

Hewitt made it official again - Georgia Tech is where he is going to stay. As we posted earlier in the week, some media outlets were speculating that Hewitt would make a good candidate for the newly opened USC coaching job, since he was an assistant there under George Raveling. And interestingly, Raveling visited Hewitt last week. No doing.

"I have no interest at all," Hewitt said. "Not even close. I haven't been contacted and I don't expect to be contacted. I hate to even make any sort of statement because that kind of intimates that they are interested in me. I don't want to put USC out there like that."


"I'm not interested in going to USC, or anywhere," Hewitt said. "I'm very happy where I am."


Meanwhile this article on the same subject doesn't suggest Hewitt as a candidate but says this is the type of "out-of-the-box" thinking they need to have:

Theus, a Louisville assistant under Rick Pitino, is outside the box. Great hires often are. Georgia Tech hired Paul Hewitt from Siena. Pittsburgh replaced Ben Howland with boyish assistant Jamie Dixon. That's two dangerous hires. Dangerous, great hires