Thursday, July 29, 2004

Cutting Coach K and Duke to SHREDS

Wow, Royce Webb over at ESPN "Page 2" absolutely trashes Duke and their players, and I have to admit........ I LOVED IT!!! Ok, maybe he went over the top a bit, but I would bet you won't see a one-on-one special "Webb / Coach K" interview in the near future.

It makes me wonder, though -- what was Coach K teaching when he schooled the Lakers and his own university? As Jason Whitlock said on Page 2, "[A] little public flirting with the Lakers is the easiest way to modify your 'lifetime' contract, the one Krzyzewski signed in 2001." You mean that wasn't a sincere flirtation with the Lakers?

Whatever Krzyzewski was teaching at Duke, Carlos Boozer was taking notes. He just screwed the Cleveland Cavaliers into the ground so hard they'll need a bulldozer to dig out.

He goes on to trash Jay Williams, Danny Ferry, Christian Laettner and Grant Hill.

If that is not interesting enough, check out this page 2 article on the profession of coaching and how they are controlling, ego-driven puppet-masters. Here's a taste:
Third, fans romanticize managers and coaches because they seem to be the powerful, loving, forgiving dads they never had -- not driven puppet-masters. When I asked Tom Osborne why he kept giving the likes of Lawrence Phillips and Christian Peter chance after chance to return to the Nebraska line-up after sexual assaults, he asked me if I would rather have them running loose in my neighborhood or under his control. That must have been the right answer, because he soon became a congressman.