Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hoops: Jarrett Jack and the NBA Draft

Mention of Jack not slipping past the 25th pick.....

Felton won't be around. He could go to the Clippers at No. 12 or Minnesota at No. 14. Georgia Tech's Jarrett Jack is considered the fourth-best homegrown point guard in the draft, and it's unlikely he will slip past Seattle at No. 25. He could go much higher.


Jack spent three years at Georgia Tech, and he probably was assured by a team like the Sonics that he would not fall all the way out of the first round.


"It was a hard, tough decision," Jack said. "But after talking to my family and my coaches, I felt like the best thing to do was keep my name in the draft."


More on playmaking guards in the draft........ I think this is Brad Dougherty's draft. He has Jack going #28. What a great endorsement:

Jarrett Jack (6-4 point guard, Georgia Tech): He's got a chance to be a decent backup with a defensive mind-set.