Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hoops: Disappointing Draft Night for Tech fans


Overall I would have to say a disappointing draft night for Jacket fans. Jarrett Jack drops out of the magic top 20, where he really wanted to be, and none of the seniors are taken, even in round 2. Watch the free agent market the next couple of days to see where they land. Jack was picked by the Denver Nuggets with the 22nd pick, then was later dealt to the Portland Trailblazers for the rights to Linas Kleiza, the #27 pick, and high schooler Ricky Sanchez, taken #35.


So what is the Portland situation at PG? Well, they have veterans Nick Van Excel and Damon Stoudamire and "super" phenom from last year's draft Sebastian Telfair. Well isn't that ironic. Now he can tell Jarrett Jack all about his phantom white guy friend. Here's Jack on the trade:

"It's a total surprise to me - even when the trade rumors started when I was walking backstage, and I was still in total shock," Jack told The Associated Press. "I just got word of it, and I'm happy with it."



JACK LANDS WITH BLAZER


JACK TAKEN 22ND IN DRAFT


JACK PICKED & TRADED TO BLAZERS


By the way, did anyone notice that Randolph Morris went undrafted....