Sunday, September 26, 2004

How do coaches determine punishments?

WHEN GOOD PLAYERS GO BAD
Interesting look at suspension with mention of D-Bilbo missing the Samford game. My favorite story though is a team (I cannot remember which one) suspended their star player from the first game against a cupcake opponent. Then the first game was re-scheduled to mid-season due to the Hurricane and guess what - the coach moved the suspension to mid-season for the cupcake - not for game 1. I wish I could remember the school (help me out here). Total hypocrisy.

HYPE WEEK HERE
I'm sure the media stories will start strong on Monday.

TECH STUCK FOLLOWING BIG WINS WITH LOSSES
Yeah, we know.

STRUGGLING PASS OFFENSE TROUBLES COKER

BOSTON COLLEGE - WELCOME TO THE ACC
Why does the BC prez want to be in the ACC:

BC's president, the Rev. William Leahy, has framed the decision as an academic one, claiming he likes being grouped in the same consortium as Duke, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and North Carolina.

Survey says........... nnnnnooooo
Sorry, not buying it. Try $39 million TV contract, bowl tie-ins, national exposure - the Benjamins. It's all about the Benjamins.