Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Beesball Notes

GT VISITS GASTATE ON WEDNESDAY
Time for a little revenge.

JASON VARITEK HONORED
I didn't realize that Jason has become only the 4th official team captain for the Red Sox in the organization's history. Nice.


ONE-ON-ONE WITH STEVEN BLACKWOOD
Really nice interview with Blackwood. For anyone who forgets that these kids only have athletics as a part of their schedule, look at this quote:

At Georgia Tech, I have to take my books with me on road trips and often times will study at the field. I am a Biology Pre-Med major and plan to pursue a career in medicine after seeing how far baseball will take me. My brother is a doctor, and I have always wanted to follow in his footsteps down that path.


Remember all that speculation that Micah Owings left because he didn't think he was developing under the current staff? Well's here's what Blackwood says about developing players under Coach Hall:

"Georgia Tech's baseball program has proven itself to be one of the top programs in the country year in and year out. Players from around the country see the success of the program and are drawn to play there. Coach Hall has had success at Tech with developing players and getting them into professional baseball. Many players look to see if the program at the school not only wins games but also develops players and gets them ready for professional baseball, and I can say from personal experience that Coach Hall spends time developing his players and teaching the game."