Tuesday, August 10, 2004

What a 24 hours

Well, I am typing to you from Helsinki Finland. No kidding. Over here on a business trip. Leave at 3:30 pm Monday, arrive 3:30 pm Tuesday (ball park). And of course I didn't sleep a bit on the plane. Needless to say I'm exhausted. Not sure how much posting I'll be doing through Friday, but I'll try to keep things interesting.

Without further delay, let's get this party started.

GT GETS COMMITTMENT #4
Great news. The Jackets have landed Antoine Jones, a 6'2" 200lb Linebacker from Dallas Texas. In fact, he is from Lincoln, the same place that produced Chris Bosh. Here is his profile from Rivals. He was clocked at 4.59 in the 40, and has a 32" vertical. Welcome aboard Antoine!!

CALVIN JOHNSON NAMED ACC'S TOP OFFENSIVE NEWCOMER
Nice recognition for our talented frosh.

PRACTICE RE-CAPS
Full Pads Workout stings Jacket's legs
Jackets to start 2-a-days
Reis Ready to step up on revamped line
Dan Reeves visits Jacket's practice.
TEAM NOTEBOOK

WHERE ARE THEY NOW - KEITH BROOKING
Story on his transition to a new position.

HOOPS RECRUITING
Good news, looks like Lewis Clinch has narrowed his list down to GT, WF and UGAg, per Rivals (found in public discussion). My guess is that it comes down to GT/WF and it could be close. I have to believe we have a slight edge, but you never know.

MIKE BARBAROSA WINS CARDINAL AMATEUR
Link here. CONGRATS!!

VOLLEYBALL TEAM PRE-SEASON #12.
Story here.

Q&A WITH FRANK BEAMER
Quick article.

UGAg's K.LUMPKIN INJURED
I didn't hear the serioiusness onf the injury, but looks like he was injured in practice and it could be a torn ACL - not good for them. Rival or not, I don't like to see young talents like his get hurt. Link here.