Friday, August 27, 2004

Great PJ Daniels Interview

RAMBLIN WITH PJ DANIELS
The Technique
Our own school paper does a nice interview. However, I might have paraphrased this quote, when Daniels talked about playing the NCAA 2005 video game using the GT team:

Nique: What's it like being able to play yourself in video games?

P.J.: It's like a dream come true. I purchased NCAA 2005 not too long ago, and I play with myself. I think that they robbed me a little bit on some of my attributes. I kind of enhance them a bit, but other than that I enjoy it. It's a dream come true. It's a blessing.
I think you get the point..... Also interesting that he sees a special rivalry with Maryland, which is understandable with the Fridge and all...... Majors in Business with a minor in chemistry - interesting combo....... He lists Andy Tidwell-Neal as the vocal leader on the team.......Also mentioned that his best friend just died - we wish him the best there........

Probably the most telling quote of all was this:
Nique: What is your favorite football memory?

P.J.: My favorite football memory was in the Auburn game, when Darius Williams caught the 20-something yard catch, because when I first came here, he and I, we had our struggles with the coaches. Both of our skills weren't good enough for our positions. When he caught the ball, I was so excited. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I should hug him or hit him or do whatever. I wanted to tackle him, but I think that was my most inspiring moment in football. When he caught the ball against Auburn that was just touching.
Are you kidding me - his favorite memory was when another guy caught a pass? Come on PJ - we know you're a good guy, we know you're ultra-humble. Isn't that taking it a little far? I'm kidding of course - it just shows the character he has. Just amazing in this day of "it's all about me".