Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Where are they now - George O'Leary

Here's a story on O'Leary and redemption - link here. A nice story if you ask me. Also here is what Barry Alvarez had to say about the resume issue:

“I really didn’t think it was very important to George or anybody else whether he played football and lettered someplace. It really didn’t have anything to do with who he was, what job he had, what new job he had accepted. I thought it was totally irrelevant. I mean, who even looks at those? So I thought it was an overreaction, personally, and really had nothing to do with him getting the job. So that’s just what I thought. It’s a shame. He’s very well thought of in our profession. He’s done a tremendous job every place he’s been. To get a dream job and to lose it the way he did and for the reason he did is a shame.”