Monday, August 23, 2004

Interview with Stewart Cink

Nice interview. Here's what he had to say about GT:

Q. Talk about your time at Georgia Tech, and also I want to ask you, how were you able to handle being in college and having played golf and being a husband and father? That's got to be difficult.

STEWART CINK: Well, I love being the husband and father. I hope I never have to go back to college (laughter). I don't want to do that again because that was difficult, and financially, I don't know how we made ends meet. In fact, I didn't. When I turned pro, we had negative $5. That's not a very good net worth. It was really tough, balancing the schedule, and my wife had to take a job. Georgia Tech really didn't help us out much, either. They never really gave her in state tuition. We lived in Georgia but she was from Alabama like I was, so we had to continue paying out of state for her, and it was a lot of difficulties. Overall when I look back on those days, it's what has gotten me to the point where I'm at now where I'm able to persevere through a lot of things.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but honest no doubt.