Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Recruiting - Football - Maurice Wells

This stud running back continues to pile up the offers. He is up to 13 - and check out the competition:

USC, Ohio State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Duke, Florida State, Purdue, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Maryland, to name a few.

If you don't think TV matters, check out this quote when asked if he was interested in Notre Dame -

"Yeah, I like Notre Dame a lot," Wells said. "My coach thinks it would be a good school for me. They are on national television every week. I like their tradition. I like Notre Dame a lot."
Keep in mind that the article is from a Notre Dame site. As you can read, Wells plans to wait until the last day to actually announce his decision. Georgia Tech does have some connections, as his high school coach happens to be the son of GT assistant coach Buddy Geis. To land this young man would be a major coup for GT, although we will have to beat the best to do it.