Friday, May 28, 2004

Football Recruiting - Steven Smigelsky

Nice interview with this standout Linebacker / Fullback from the state of Florida. He attended the GT Nike Camp. He is considering GT, UGAg, VaTech (father went there), Clemson, SC among others. GT coaches have come to see him.

Q: Talk about your experience at the Nike Camp.

A: That was awesome. They got us up there and they were only expecting 300 kids. Instead, they got 550 or so. It's a good campus (at Georgia Tech).
GT wants him as a linebacker, while VaTech wants him as a fullback. As far as academics, looks like GT might have a slight edge:
Q: What would you like to major in when you go to college?

A: I am kind of undecided right now. I've always liked cars and I'm good with computers, so I'd like to do automotive design. That's why I am so interested in (Georgia) Tech. On the other hand, I like talking to people so I am interested in psychology, too. Maybe I'd like to get a minor in psychology.