Saturday, May 29, 2004

Where are they now - Joe Hamilton

Nice story on little Joe (thanks to kman81 for the link from the Hive). Nice stat line -

Hamilton has started 13 games for the Predators this season (missed two games with an injury) and passed for 2,654 yards (218-of-334) with 52 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He’s also made plays with his feet, rushing for 145 yards and eight scores, including a 42-yard scamper.

Hamilton doesn’t given himself enough credit as a quarterback.

“I think I’m a quarterback that just moves the chains,” he said. “I don’t have a (John) Elway-type arm but I think when it’s time to make a play that I can get it done. I played a lot of football in college and then in the NFL but (the AFL) is still a new game to me. I guess heading into week 16 I’m not really a rookie anymore, but I’m still learning and trying to get better.”