Put your in-game comments here.
- Lots of 3-and-outs to start by both teams
- Bam - D.Reese INT for a TD on some attempted Tiger trickeration. Nice playcall Dabo - welcome to the big leagues
- Wow - we barely made that extra point - bonked off the upright, 7-0
- Tigers trying some option stuff. Clemson starting to get a couple of first downs
- Another INT - Derrick Morgan causes the INT - WOW!!
- Wonder if Korn's arm is hurting
- Missed FG - not even close from 50 yards.
- Cullen Harper back in the game - bad shoulder and all
- Wow - GT defense looking STOUT!!! Another 3-and-out
- GT calls a weird timeout with Clemson punting - what's up with that?
- Michael Johnson coming off the edge on the punt block - almost got that one.
- Paul Johnson hasn't figured out the right adjustments offensively yet.
- Did Dabo Swinney actually call a normal play in the first quarter? Like, you know, run up the middle?
- GT defense continues to excel - 6 possessions for CU - 4 punts, 2 INTs
- Offense on the other hand, hasn't figured out anything yet.
- Is it just me, or do you fear everytime a GT player has to catch a punt?
- 15 yard messing with the punt returner
- Guys are dropping like flies - Michael Johnson shaken up, Tyler Melton some kind of leg issue, David Brown shaken up,
- There's fumble #1 - Dwyer hit right on the handoff from Nesbitt - Clemson recovers
- Ok, we're getting a little shaky now - offsides on D-Rich
- Fumble Clemson - we get the ball back - Whoah!!! Derrick Morgan recovers - he's everywhere!! Third turnover for CU
- Wow - our O-Line not getting it done right now. Again, the offense just perplexed right now. Another 4th down punt. No answers from Paul Johnson
- We go for it on 4th down and would have had it had Lipfert not slipped - 1 foot short - man!
- I guess with the defense playing so well, Johnson is comfortable taking some chances
- Now Clemson is giving Harper some time to throw - and he's moving the ball. They're near the redzone.
- 3rd down sack by Sedric Griffin! Nice!!
- Field goal good - Clemson on the board
- There we go - Dwyer breaks a long run on 3rd down - and now Nesbitt finds Roddy for a long pass. The adjustments have begun. We're close to the redzone now
- TD Nesbitt on the keeper............ I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...................
- 1st 6 drivers 62 yards, last drive 80 yards, adjustments working
- Wow - a great return - Scott Blair has made more TD-saving tackles than anyone on the team. That's a problem
- Wow, Morgan Burnett saves the day with INT #3 on the day.
- That's the end of the half
- You have to like what you see in the defense, the offense started to show life at the end of the half
- Scott Blair for MVP
|Third Down Efficiency||2-7||1-7|
|Fourth Down Efficiency||0-1||0-0|
|TOTAL NET YARDS||138||82|
|Average Gain Per Play||4.5||2.7|
|NET YARDS RUSHING||101||22|
|Average Per Rush||3.6||1.6|
|NET YARDS PASSING||37||60|
|Yards Per Pass Play||12.3||3.8|
|Yards Lost to Sacks||9||6|
Nesbitt 2-3 passing, 37 yards, 15 rushes for 31 yards
Defense has created 4 INT's and 1 fumble - wow
- Jackets receive - bad return by Dwyer
- 15 yard illegal block penalty hurt, but Nesbitt makes a play to get a key 1st down on 3rd-and-2
- Another fumble - Dwyer again - all his fault this time Clemson recovers on our 45
- TD Clemson on an underthrown ball - looked like Jahi pulled up lame with some kind of hamstring issue - looks like he'll probably be out for the rest of the game.
- Again, the turnover leads directly to 7 points - the defense can't do everything folks
- Looked like Dwyer got banged up on that return - Quincy Kelly is in a B-Back
- GT offense has caught 2 balls, GT defense has caught 3. Wow
- Easy first down pass, dropped by Correy Earls, result = punt
- Wow - VERY questionable running into the kicker penalty - lucky break for GT. Really a bad call, but I'll take it.
- Dwyer back in and goes 15 yards for 1st down
- We're starting to push it up the middle a lot. Nesbitt on some quick keepers up the middle. Dwyer up the middle.
- Nesbitt's throws don't look good. A lot of floaters. Of course when you're pressured and throwing off your back foot, that's going to happen. Another punt. Clemson will start at their own 20 with about 6 minutes to go in Q3
- Clemson on the move again - convert a key 3rd-and-9, no pressure on the QB.
- Wow - D-Rich just missed the easiest sack of his life and Harper completes a 1st down pass as a result - key play?
- Screen pass for a TD Clemson, so much for Willy Korn, right.
- The defense AND the offense need to step up now.
- Give Clemson credit - they have changed the "big Mo" - clearly in their favor right now
- The offense is doing NOTHING now. NOTHING. Punting..... again
- Roddy Jones in at punt returner - good. He catches the ball and gets a few yards too.
- Nesbitt throwing the ball looks terrible. Finally hits a pass and it's holding. Coming back
- 3rd and long is a bad bad situation in this offense (well, any offense really)
- BeBe Thomas just dropped an easy TD pass - a bomb right into his hands. He just shortarmed that ball - wow - That's a TD folks. Pitch and catch. Now, instead it's a punt.
- Defense does the job. We get the ball back again with good field position.
- D.Thomas makes amends with a key 3rd down tough grab
- AJ Smith banged up...... again. Will that guy ever play a full game?
- There are VERY few pitches to A-Backs in this game. It's Nesbitt or Dwyer.
- TD BeBe Thomas on a key 3rd down!!!!!! Wow.
- Ok, so Nesbitt's arms has woken up.
- Nice to see BeBe get a 2nd and 3rd chance and come through
- Can the defense hold?? 5:13 remaining
- Clemson is keeping extra guys in to protect Harper. Seemed like they had 8 in pass protection
- 3rd down and 12 for Clemson at their 47...................... no dice
- 4th down and 12 for Clemson at their 47. They're going for it ..................... 1st down....... but HOLDING on Clemson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 4th down and 22 for Clemson at their 37. They're going for it...................... NO GOOD!!! Jackets take over............ the hook-and-ladder-and-pitch ain't gonna work. Wow!!!
- That should be ball game............. should be
- Morgan Burnett gets the INT to ice it.
- Wow - what a game. A lot of mistakes but the Jackets manage to make the big play when it's needed.
- Credit to Clemson for a solid 2nd half. They came out and battled back, but the Jackets just made key plays at key times.
|Third Down Efficiency||6-16||2-12|
|Fourth Down Efficiency||0-1||0-0|
|TOTAL NET YARDS||298||250|
|Average Gain Per Play||4.7||4.5|
|NET YARDS RUSHING||207||51|
|Average Per Rush||4.0||2.1|
|NET YARDS PASSING||91||199|
|Yards Per Pass Play||7.6||6.2|
|Yards Lost to Sacks||9||6|
Dwyer - 21 carries, 109 yards
Nesbitt - 5-12, 91 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 26 carries for 77 yards
D.Thomas - 4 catches for 56 yards (but should have been 5 for about 90)
J.Davis - 8 carries, 26 yards
J.Harper - 10 carries, 26 yards
C.Harper - 15-25 passing, 171 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's
W.Korn - 4-6, 28 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
A.Kelly - 7 catches, 119 yards