Monday, August 16, 2004

Where are they now? - George Godsey

It has been reported here before, but here is another mention of GG as an assistant to O'Leary at UCF - link here.

Whatever happened to George Godsey? After a couple of seasons in the Arena League and another with the Lubbock Lone Stars of the Intense Football League (I did not make that up, promise), the former Georgia Tech quarterback has landed as a graduate assistant to former Georgia Tech coach George O'Leary at Central Florida.

``I guess I could have tried it a few more seasons to see if I'd get a break, but I knew I wanted to coach,'' said Godsey, who led the ACC in passing in 2001 with 3,085 yards. ``Coach told me it was time to get serious, so here I am.''

Godsey, by the way, already has a master's degree in industrial engineering from Tech.