Monday, August 09, 2004

Recruiting - Hoops

Great article covering all the 4 incoming recruits - link here.

I love the comments on Z.Fredrick from Coach Hewitt:

"He's as mentally tough a player as I've recruited in a long time," Hewitt said. "He's a very, very headstrong kid. I can see where he and I are going to have some meetings of the mind when he gets here, but that was one of the reasons why I wanted him. He doesn't fit the mold of the guards we've had here in the past."
Great comments from the coach on Anthony Morrow:
"Anthony can really, really shoot the ball," Hewitt said. "He's an outstanding free-throw shooter. The kid knows how to play. He played in the Global Games (in June in Dallas), and I can't tell you how impressed the people are down there with him in terms of his work ethic, knowledge of the game and unselfishness.

"He's the type of guard I really like to recruit in that he's got size, was really well-coached in high school, understands the game and is versatile."

For an update on the 2005 class, click here over at the Hive.