Thursday, July 29, 2004

Where are they now - Dez White / Keith Brooking

Mention at this site from Falcons Camp and notes on both those guys.
On Keith Brooking:

4. Falcons fans shouldn't lose any sleep over linebacker Keith Brooking's switch from the inside to the weakside slot in Atlanta's move to a 4-3 defensive formation. With Brooking's speed, he's tailor-made for the weakside "chase" position. Brooking played weakside linebacker his first two years in the league before moving inside in 2000. "I love the move, I really do," Brooking said. "It's going to allow me to run to the ball a little more, and I think that's my strength, my speed."

Later, on Dez White:
You heard it here first: Take a late-round flyer on fifth-year receiver Dez White. Signed as an unrestricted free agent after four years of decent-but-never-great production in Chicago, the former Georgia Tech standout has created some buzz this offseason among Falcons decision makers.