Monday, May 03, 2004

Morris Announcement Set

Well here it is: It looks like Morris will announce at Paschell's Restaurant on Northside in downtown Altanta at 6:00 on Thursday night. The UK boards are reporting that all television crews have been invited (both schools). However, one of their posters, TCCAT (one of their experts) called channel 27 in Lexington, who told him they had not received an invitation yet.

So let the speculation continue. If Morris was going to announce for UK, would he chose to do it right in the heart of ATL - the home of the Jackets????? Is the fact that he is a star at Landmark Christian and a Georgia prep bigger than the fact that GT happens to reside in the same town? If you were Morris and you were committing to UK, where would you announce? Personally, I would announce at my school.

So what is the latest?

- UK Insiders are in the 90-105% confidence range that he is UK bound
- GT Insiders are really mixed - with no clear opinions except a couple of zero-credibility guys who claim to know people and say GT all the way.
- Most "experts" - nationally recognized guys continue to have GT as the favorite.

My personal opinion.............I don't have a clue. My heart says he will pick GT - because of all the connections, his mom's preference, his brother's school, W.Reese was his early coach, he is from GA, lives 30 minutes away, the success of GT going to the Finals, etc............... However, mentally, I am setting myself up for the loss, so I am not too disappointed if he does pick UK. What do they have - winning tradition, more titles, a solid recruiting class with some flashy PG's, blah blah blah. I don't think the education will play a big factor, because he probably doesn't see himself as more than a 2-year guy (maybe less).

Again, the bottomline is that he cannot go wrong either way. I hope he makes the right choice and picks GT, but in the end, we will have one of our strongest teams ever next season with or without him. He could play a major role next season, but without him, it just means Luke and Dickey and Tarver will be on the floor more. We'll be just fine.

Although I sure wish Thursday was done already.