Thursday, March 18, 2004

Great report from practice today

One of our regular posters here attended the Jackets practice today in Milwaukee. This from "BadgerLandJacketFan"

"I went to the Jackets' open practice today at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. I also attend the practices of Boston College and Wisconsin. BC's practice was far less impressive than either GT's or UW's. BC ran a shoot-around which was extremely laid back. GT ran full-court drills including some up-tempo 5-on-5 work. I noticed Muhammad was clearly favoring one leg. He sat out much of the practice and did not put on a dunk display as many of us had hoped. There were a number of impressive dunks by Elder and even Nystrom put one down but the nation's greatest dunker was not up to it. I asked Muhammad after practice about his injury and he said he hurt his ankle but would play tomorrow. I hope Hewitt considers keeping him out of the game unless he's really needed. I'd like to see him back at full strength for later rounds."

Thanks to BadgerLandJacketFan for that update - let's keep our fingers crossed that Isma'il's ankle will be fine for the game.