Thursday, January 08, 2004

Where are they now - Stephon Marbury...

... makes his Madison Square Garden debut Friday night versus Houston. He was cold shooting in his first Knick game scoring 8 points and getting 8 assists in a loss. Check out this article, and check out Marbury's quote:

"The more I'm on the court the better it's going to be for everyone and everyone will be able to adjust to how I play."

Ok, I didn't include the rest of the quote, but you can read it yourself. Maybe he meant the team will get used to my style and we will learn to read each other and anticipate and that he will find them open shots. What it sounds like at first read is - I am the center of attention and the rest of the team needs to focus on me. Now, I don't think that's what he meant, but it was my first thought.

Anyhow, I wish Stephon the best with the Knicks. Glad to see he can live his dream of playing in NY.

Lastly, here is a little flashback of some of his NY memories.