Tuesday, January 06, 2004

More props to Gailey

We've debated the merits and pitfalls of Chan this year on this page and here is another article to add fuel to the fire.

Obviously, last season was remarkable given the state of affairs at the outset of the season and while being at risk of constantly saying "what have you done for me lately," Tech fans on this page have been saying that next year is key. I think we should strive for the 8-win level, but with Va Tech and Miami on the schedule that would be an amazing accomplishment. Given that Clemson got much better towards the end of the season and Duke pounded (not just beat) us this year, I'm not feeling as good about my earlier claim that we can win 8 next year.

What do you think a good yardstick is for next year? Are you happy to have Chan around regardless after this year? I think he earned himself a loyal fan base and I hope that we can rally around the team after the on field performance this year.