Wednesday, November 26, 2003

There it is!!!!! GT whoops up on #1 UConn

#1 got stung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you want a breakdown of the 2nd half, JUST RE-READ THE BREAKDOWN OF THE FIRST HALF!!!!

All I can say is I could not be more proud of this team and the effort they put in. I saw a team that left it ALL out on the floor!!! They gave it everything. There were twisted ankles, bloody lips, hamstring pulls, cramps, but they just kept coming and coming and coming.

What impresses me the most is that they never really let UConn back in the game in the 2nd half. They closed it out!! They took care of their business. This was NOT the team of last year that would give up leads late in the game. They closed.

I could sit and go over all the great performances, but what I saw was a team effort. Everyone contributed, everyone hustled, everyone played their heart out.

I do want to comment on one player - IsmaĆ¢€™il Aaqib Muhammad. I have one word to describe some of the things you did tonight - SICK!!! Absolutely SICK!!! That dunk-and-one where you got mauled got me out of my seat jumping like a maniac. Your ability to find the hoop is SICK!! Your hops are SICK!!! Please Please keep up this intensity.

Lastly, I cannot resist - hey Big East - who's your daddy??? I said ---who's your daddy? Don't tell me the Big East is the best basketball conference when their #1 loses to the team most have picked to finish 7th in the ACC!!!