Friday, November 28, 2003

Dorsey Inexplicably Dissed by Gailey???

Did everyone miss this side note in the AJC a few days ago? It turns out that Gailey neglected to nominate Nat Dorsey for the All-ACC list this year after two consecutive years of consideration (and being named all-ACC two years in a row). Here's some of the text:

"That coach Chan Gailey didn't even nominate his junior left offensive tackle for consideration was even more surprising. Senior center Hugh Reilly, who was selected to the league's first team, was the Yellow Jackets' only nominee from the offensive line.

"I don't have any control over that," Dorsey (6 feet 6, 330 pounds) said after Tuesday's practice. "All I can do is what I do on the field. That has no bearing on how I'm playing -- I just have to go with it."

Gailey could not be reached for comment Tuesday evening."

Is the fact that Dorsey is considering going pro after this season coincidence? Boy, that certainly won't keep the good will flowing. I'm sure that Gailey has a good reason for this, and he gets the benefit of the doubt here, but still--why??? I don't think that there is a limit on nominations...but maybe I'm wrong there. Puzzling...