Monday, October 11, 2004

Recruiting - more on Austin Jackson

From the Dallas News - link here.

Quote from AJ:

"Atlanta is a great place," Jackson said. "It's a great place to stay, and I could see myself living there. I got along very well with the coaches and players and like how the players responded to the coaches. I had been to Atlanta for a basketball tournament, but I had never really been around Atlanta and seen it."

His high school hoops coach had nice things to say:
Ryan boys basketball coach Bryce Overstreet was happy to see Jackson go to Tech.

"I think the quality of kids Georgia Tech has on their team, along with their staff, is a perfect fit for A.J.," Overstreet said. "Throughout the recruiting process, their coaches kept saying he was the type of kid that would fit well in their program."

As to position, here's what it says:
Jackson said he will play some point guard and off guard for Tech coach Paul Hewitt.