Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Kim King Honored

The school has named the locker room at BDS after Kim King (link here), honoring the longtime Jacket fan and alumni. Kimg is battling cancer and beating it to hear him talk. Great for him!! Another story.

"I'm not often speechless, but when I learned this news I truly didn't know what to say," said King, who played his last season at Tech in 1967 but has remained a fixture as the school's radio analyst and one of its most influential supporters of athletics. "Outside of my marriage and the birth of my children, this is the greatest honor I've ever received."


Background
King was a three-year starter at quarterback, leading the Yellow Jackets to the Orange and Gator bowls. He still ranks in Tech's top 10 in career passing yardage. He was inducted into the Georgia Tech Sports Hall of Fame in 1978 and the State of Georgia Hall of Fame in 1996. In 2000 he was named one of Georgia Tech 50 Greatest Athletes of the 20th Century.

He founded Kim King Associates Inc. in 1974 and in 2004 was named Georgia's "Most Respected CEO" by Georgia Trend magazine.

Congrats to a true YellowJacket!!!!