Monday, October 23, 2006

Where are they now - Nick Ferguson

Nice Q&A with Denver Broncos and former Georgia Tech walk-on Nick Ferguson

Klis: Your long, obstacle-filled road to NFL starter began with the trip from Morris Brown to Georgia Tech.

Ferguson: I remember bumming rides across town to Georgia Tech, trying to get myself registered, trying to apply for financial aid, trying to get their coaches to watch my film.

Klis: So Georgia Tech never had to pay to get you to play?

Ferguson: I didn't get a scholarship until my senior year with Coach (George) O'Leary.

Klis: What do you usually do when you're done here?

Ferguson: Like most athletes, I like to go home and relax. I try not to bring the game home with me. I might play some video games that are, let's just say for mature audiences only. And I might get some flak for this, but I like to watch "Seinfeld." Sometimes, laughter is the best medicine.

Klis: You went back to finish your degree in business at Georgia Tech last year. What do you hope to do when you're done?

Ferguson: Some people have mentioned coaching for me. But I'm also liking radio and TV now. I'm doing something with Alfred (Williams) and Scott Hastings on Altitude. I think this next offseason I might do some internship in that regard. I like