Saturday, July 03, 2004

Hewitt and Cremins speak out on Coach K

From Coach Cremins - link here.

"This is not about money with Mike," said former Georgia Tech coach Bobby Cremins, a longtime friend of Krzyzewski. "This is not about security. This is about him being challenged and him being happy."
More from Cremins in this article:
"When you think about ACC basketball, it's usually Dean Smith and Mike Krzyzewski," former Georgia Tech coach Bobby Cremins said. " It would be a tremendous blow to the ACC."
Here's what Coach Hewitt had to say, along with a lot of other people, from foxsports:
Georgia Tech coach Paul Hewitt, on Krzyzewski's possible motivation: "I hesitate to try to put myself in his shoes, but what I can tell you is I sense a growing frustration about the rules being put in our game and how little input we have about the rules that govern our game. People talk about the kids going pro early as a source of frustration. I really don't think a lot of coaches are frustrated by that. I think what we're frustrated by is that we have no input on how our game is governed and managed, and I think that may be the source of a lot of frustration for coaches."