Thursday, February 28, 2008

R U Ready for some Beeeeessball ?

I'm out in sunny San Diego on business this week, so I happened to miss the Georgia Tech hoops game last night. So let's break it down ................................ GT loses to Duke 71-58, we had an assist to turnover ratio of 3:20 (see me scratching my head in bewilderment?), Duke only hit 2 jumpshots in the 1st half - yet we still trailed, GT's doctors let Matt Causey play after a concussion even though his eyes were rolling in the back of his head....................

I have an idea.......... let's talk beesball. Check this out:
14-0
1-0
5-1
11-2
1-0

That my friends is a series of pitching performances that are nothing short of eye-opening. Three shutouts in 5 games. Folks, we had 2 shutouts all last year. Three earned runs in MORE than 45 innings. Wow. It normally takes me quite awhile to make the mental transition from hoops to beesball. However, the combined stinkage of our hoops team along with the blazing start on the diamond is making it happen a whole lot sooner.