Friday, September 08, 2006

D-Rad Found Gameday............. Rad

Straight from D-Rad here:


Well, for the last five months I have been writing in this space that I could hardly wait for my first football game at Bobby Dodd Stadium as Georgia Tech's Director of Athletics. I got my chance last Saturday night and all I can say is: WOW! I am so proud of the way you created an electric atmosphere that ranks with the best I have ever witnessed in my more than 20 years in college athletics.

Although we came up short on the scoreboard, the positives for Georgia Tech were monumental. Our campus, its students and indeed our athletic program received rave reviews on a national stage. The enthusiasm, support and loyalty permeated not only the Atlanta area, but resonated from coast to coast as ESPN and ABC told our story. From the television commentators to sports journalists from every part of America, there was agreement that Georgia Tech has a place among the nation's elite collegiate programs.