Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bill Curry Receives High Honor

Bill Curry is going to receive the Amos Alonzo Stagg Award, given to one individual per year based on their contribution to the game of football:

The award, which honors those "whose services have been outstanding in the advancement of the best interests of football," will be presented to Curry at the AFCA Awards Luncheon on January 10 during the 2007 AFCA Convention in San Antonio.


"I'm overwhelmed by this," Curry said. "It's such an incredible honor that I can't express how I feel. I'm very appreciative of the AFCA Board of Trustees and grateful to Grant Teaff for what he's done for our organization and the difference he made in my career. I'm naturally grateful to all my players, my assistant coaches and, most of all, Carolyn and our family for all of their support through the years. This is the highest honor I've ever been accorded."