Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Hoops Recruiting

We'll find out Wednesday if Javaris Crittenton thinks GTech is the school for him. Here's an article from today on JC, but it's not exactly current. Obviously the staff writer at the AJC didn't do his homework on his recruiting, but the other points in the article are good - when it comes his transition from SG to PG. No doubt JC is determined to be a bigtime PG - not a SG, not a combo -it's PG all the way. In fact, that's they key reason why I think he ends up at GT. The other reason is that his other choice - Florida - is a school he's never visited....... and they are more interested in his game as a SG............. Here is my only concern about JC - he is extremely focused on the NBA in all his interviews. His comments on college are basically - well, if I have to go then I will. Not exactly a guy that seems to be embracing the college experience. But having said that - I don't know JC and I haven't talked to him. So that judgement only comes from reading his quotes............