Thursday, July 01, 2004

My Prediction - Coach K ain't going anywhere

I think he will be back. Here are a couple of reasons:

- The 2004/2005 season will be Duke's 100th season of hoops. You telling me he doesn't want to be around for that?

- Duke has a new president. This could be a power ploy to make sure "the new guy" knows who's boss.

- Money - get Duke to make him the highest paid coach in the game - which he is not

- The NBA is fickle. If it is not working out a few years from now, they'll dump him in a heartbeat

- Lastly, I think he could be sending a message to recruits. You guys are free agents and want to take advantage of the system. You're not holding all the cards.

I could come up with reasons on the other side as well, but my guess - he'll be back. Now why is all this happening? M.DeCoursey over at Fox says it's because that' what Kobe wants.