Friday, February 20, 2004

Jackets "steal" a road win

...by taking down Maryland in their house. Final score 75-64 (I predicted 77-72). Unfortunately I didn't see the game or even have a chance to review the stats. I did tape it, so I'll watch it tonight. This is certainly a critical victory for the Jackets. It keeps them on pace with WF at 6-5 in the conference, helps separate Maryland and GT in the dreaded 7-spot (don't end there) and garners another important quality win on the road come dance time. At this point, we should be a lock - now we are playing for seeding. When we look back, I'm sure that UVA loss is going to sting, but the team bounced back last night. Next up is a huge game against WF. We beat them at their house and they will be looking for revenge. We are tied at 3rd in the conference. WF is playing their best ball of the year - the last time we beat them they were in the midst of a losing streak. So we better be ready.

I'll provide some more commentary on the game after reviewing the tape. GO JACKETS!!!