Well, both recruiting sites are reporting that the Jackets landed a RB out of Orlando FL named Embry Peeples.
Here's a confirmation from the Orlando Sentinel and a quote from his coach.
"When we started the process," Pettis said, "I asked our players to write down their top-five and their top-10 choices. Peeples had Tech and FSU in his top two. Tech offered and FSU did not, and when he became inundated with offers from schools around the country and Coach [Chan] Gailey came to watch him practice, he decided to pull the trigger on his decision."
- This guy is fast (4.3-4.5 in the 40 and 10.4-10.7 in the 100). Very impressive. To give you a comparison, Jonathan Dwyer is a track-and-field runner and ran in the range of 10.9 in the 100. Probably one of the fastest kids in the state of Florida this year.
- Quote from Peeples: "Speed kills," Peeples said. "That's my big thing. But I want to show the recruiters everything I can do this spring. You want to go 100 percent. It means a lot."
- Here are some stats:
- Last Year Rushing:
Last Year Receiving:
- He had interest from FSU, Notre Dame, LSU, Colorado and Auburn. However, it is not clear if any of these programs have offered him yet.
- Small guy. 5'8", 160-170lb. Obviously not a bruiser.
- Grades could be an issue. Reports of a 2.8 core GPA and a 900 SAT score, although another report has him with a 3.2 GPA.......... could be borderline.
- Recruited by Curtis Modkins.
- Here's some video.