Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ex-Jacket Hamilton on cusp of title | ajc.com

Today's the day for Joe Hamilton - AFL ArenaBowl XX. Make sure to watch today. Unfortunately I'll be on a plane..........

Ex-Jacket Hamilton on cusp of title ajc.com

Here's a great article on Joe, who has evidently become the most recognizable pro athlete in Orlando.......

He also has had opportunities in coaching. This past spring, Hamilton was
offered a job to coach quarterbacks at Maryland. Maryland head coach Ralph
Friedgen was the offensive coordinator for Georgia Tech when Hamilton played for
the Yellow Jackets.


'It was a great opportunity and I thought about it a lot, but in the
end, I wasn't ready to give up playing,' Hamilton said. 'I know I could learn a
lot from coach Friedgen. He's one of the best in the business. I'm not sure I
want to start out coaching at the college level either. I think I might want to
begin in high school and work my way up.'