Thursday, May 11, 2006

Coach Charlton Young is no longer a candidate for the men's basketball assistant | Chattanooga Times Free Press

Ok - I get it now Coach Charlton Young - maybe you were playing the "game". Turns out you are not going to interview for the Tennessee job but you did have a conversation with Bruce Pearl and it comes at a time when you are re-negotiating your contract with Jackets. Got it now. It's all clear.

Coach Charlton Young is no longer a candidate for the men's basketball assistant Chattanooga Times Free Press


Now, how do I feel about that? I mean, if it's good enough for Rick Barnes and John Calipari it's good enough for you, right? There are a LONG list of coaches that have used interest from another school to get a salary bump. I guess that's free market economics in the true sense, right? For me I'm not so sure I would go find a suitor ONLY to get a salary bump, although if I was interested in testing the market for my services and that was an outcome, so be it............ So you're out of the doghouse from my perspective. Glad you really are a Jacket. I liked what you brought from day 1 and glad you're still on board. I hope it is a long-term wish to stay with one program for awhile.