Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hoops: Whiner Award of the Week

Ok, you just got done playing in the ELITE high school all-star tournament in the world. It was broadcast on ESPN. You have been signed by one of the premiere basketball powers and you have all the hype as one of the best high school ballers in the nation. Now what do you have to say?

"I was frustrated," Downs said. "I don't know why I wasn't getting minutes. When I was out there, I was hitting threes and getting assists and stuff. I was just like, ‘Why aren't I getting in there, you know? I'm just as good as anybody here.'


"It definitely soured the game for me. When I was in there, I was having fun, but this kind of ruins the whole thing."


That would be incoming Kansas freshman Micah Downs. Can you say out of touch with reality????? Lets see - complaining about minutes in an all-star game. Okey dokey..... Of course, they say the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. So what were mom and dad's reaction:

Downs' parents, who were in attendance and waited for their son afterward, hoped Micah would have a better experience April 16, when he'll take part in the Jordan Capital Classic in New York's Madison Square Garden.


"I was proud of Micah for the time he was out there, but my heart is aching right now, and you can print that, because he didn't get to play but 10 minutes, and I don't know why," dad Steve Downs said. "I'm really proud of how far he's come, and I thank God. My heart hurts for Micah, and to see my wife crying, you know, this is supposed to be a real joyous moment, which up to this point it was."


I guess the apple is still ON THE TREE!! All I can say is - Kansas fans - good luck. Sounds like a team player to me.