- Lights out defense - it's got to be Clemson / BC game caliber D........ can't be the D that has characterized this team most of the year, which is near worst in the conference.
- Rebounding - somehow we have to get back control of the paint. We won't win four in-a-row if we're outrebounded every game. We give up too many easy offensive putbacks. Gani has to establish himself. Alade has to stop getting pushed around in the lane. Zach needs to spend a little more time in the paint and less time roaming the perimeter. I'd like to see D'Andre Bell be more aggressive going after a few boards.
- Ball control - this team has shown a solid ability to control the ball and limit turnovers. That will continue to be key. Mo Miller and Matt Causey MUST dictate tempo. They must push the game, but they must limit turnovers and easy buckets for opponents.
- Stamina - winning 4 games in 4 days. Ouch. I don't think it's been done yet by any team in the ACC tourney (not 100% sure). Coach Hewitt is going to have to balance out playing guys it will take to win versus trying not to wear them out in case they move on.
- Coach Hewitt needed him to play a certain role. He was needed inside as a banger. We didn't really "need" his jumper as much as we needed his brute strength. He's been on teams with plenty of decent shooters, but not enough tough, insider enforcers. Jeremis gravitated towards that part of his game. Even though he is clearly undersized, he plays bigger and stronger than this size.
- Confidence. I can vaguely remember about 4-6 short stretches during Jeremis's GT career where he tried to expand his range. I almost remember one stretch last season where Coach Hewitt specifically commented on giving Jeremis a green light to take more shots. However, I also remember a vast array of bricks. Face it - his jumper never looked great during his career. Those experiments were mostly short-lived.
Why all-of-the-sudden now? Why is that part of his game clicking now at the end of his career? Who knows. Maybe confidence. Maybe an "it'll be over soon" attitude. Maybe just some luck or a hot streak. However, watching it happen just makes me wonder what could have been.