Thursday, March 16, 2006

Football - Gailey Signs that Contract

Well, it's officially official. Coach Gailey signed that 5-year contract. From Coach Gailey:

"Obviously I'm very happy to be here," said Gailey. "Georgia Tech is a special place, and I'm looking forward to many more years here," said Gailey. "When I came here, my expectation was to finish my career at Georgia Tech, and this is a big step in that direction."


From new AD Dan Radakovich:

"I look forward to working with Chan Gailey and helping the football program succeed in any way I can," said Dan Radakovich, who was named Tech's new Director of Athletics on Feb. 22 but is completing his duties at LSU, which plays tonight in Jacksonville, Fla., in the first round of the NCAA Basketball Tournament.


By the way, Gailey's contract includes $5000 bonuses for every assistant coach for each victory over UGAg. However, Gailey himself doesn't qualify for that bonus.