Friday, April 02, 2004

Ouch - dissing K-Anderson

Remember the story this week about Kenny asking his coach for time off to go to San Antonio to see the Jackets and promptly being told NO? SI.com's Luke Winn is rough on Anderson here -

"In an ode to Georgia Tech's rich basketball history, Paul Hewitt has invited Yellow Jacket stars of yesteryear -- among them Mark Price, Kenny Anderson, Dennis Scott and Bobby Cremins -- to attend the Final Four in San Antonio. Anderson, who led the Wreck to their last Final Four, in 1990, is extremely interested, but has complications. He deemed it kosher to ask his current coach, Rick Carlisle, if he could bail on the Pacers' weekend games -- Friday vs. the Raptors, Sunday at the Pistons -- to make the trip to Texas. "I asked him if I could go to San Antonio and he laughed at me," Anderson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Then he asked me later if I was serious and I told him, 'Yeah.' " "I told him he has a better chance of seeing God than me allowing that to happen," Carlisle said. Hewitt opted not to send Carlisle a doctor's note -- best not to let Anderson have too much influence on Jarrett Jack, lest the Jackets' current floor leader leave Atlanta early, then toil on mediocre NBA teams for 12 seasons, living championship dreams vicariously through his old U."