Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Thoughts on GT and the ACC from Jim Johnson

Good overview of the ACC and a lot of GT hoops. I think he mostly gets the situation right, although once again I think he was a bit harsh on Luke S............ Here is another mention of GT Hoops. I find it interesting that Paul Hewitt choses a different strategy to motivate his team. This is not the first time I have seen him quoted as saying "I know we are good. We are very, very good". If you remember back to football season, Coach Gailey always choses to say "We are not a good team yet, but.....". Gailey always seems to keep that moniker of a "good" team just out of reach of the players. I noticed that Clemson coach Bowden did the same thing. Now having said that the football team didn't open up the season undefeated like hoops either. Maybe it has something to do with all the seniors and juniors on the hoops team. Maybe it is just Hewitt's personality. Who knows. Either way, he's the coach, so he knows what he is doing.